Apply to be a Leadership Consultant for the Chi Phi Fraternity!
Download Leadership Consultant job description or see below.
Chi Phi, founded in 1824 at Princeton University, is the oldest social fraternity in the United States. Chi Phi currently has 51 Chapters and 7 active Colonies, with plans to expand to at least 10 more campuses in the upcoming years. The Chi Phi office is a dynamic team environment with opportunities to grow and develop in all areas of fraternity operations.
Field Executives are primarily responsible for providing support and services to Chi Phi Fraternity’s undergraduate Chapters and Colonies and providing administrative oversight of the expansion process. They contribute to the successful administration of the Chi Phi College of Excellence, the Chi Phi Congress, the Regional Leadership Alliances, Alphas Academy, and various Chapter workshops. As full-time members of the Chi Phi National Office team, these individuals assume significant responsibility for developing the Fraternity on both local and national levels through curriculum development, program presentation, and organizational consulting.
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Exemplify excellent communication skills and decision making abilities
- Hold an undergraduate degree
- Ability to travel extensively (anticipated 75%)
- Work well in a dynamic team environment
- Prior recruitment experience preferred
- Ability to work out of the National Office located in Suwanee, GA
- Responds to requests for administrative services to undergraduate Chapters and Alumni;
- Conducts and coordinates comprehensive Chapter visitations with Officers, Alumni, and University administrators;
- Evaluates Chapter operations; develop and deliver written consultations during Chapter visitations;
- Promotes participation in Chi Phi’s regional and national events;
- Provides resources and training to both Undergraduate Chapters and Colonies through workshops and ongoing communication;
- Develops the Fraternity’s unique relationships with Chapters, Colonies, and Alumni.
- Works to further the external growth and expansion efforts of the Fraternity;
- Plans and executes expansion projects each semester through serving as the representative on campuses where the Fraternity has initiated the process of forming new Colonies;
- Leads all recruitment activities; meeting with potential members; interacts with campus officials, students, and Greek organizations; and forms and maintains relationships with all expansion constituents;
- Uses Chi Phi’s Values-Based Recruitment Program, its related components, and is able to train and coach Chapters, Colonies, and Alumni on its use and implementation;
- Assists in researching and contacting potential colleges and universities targeted for expansion;
- Maintains regular contact with National Office and all key constituents involved in the development, progress, and growth of the expansion effort;
- Works as a staff liaison to host institutions.
- Maintains a positive professional reflection upon the Fraternity;
- Maintains and supports the values and ritual of the Chi Phi Fraternity;
- Manages multiple projects effectively at the same time;
- Demonstrates ability to work autonomously;
- Possesses strong organizational skills, decision making skills, and multi-tasking ability;
- Adheres to and enforces the Chi Phi Fraternity’s Personal Safety Policy.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Participate in professional development opportunities through inter-fraternal events and programs
- Experience with group consulting and leadership development
- Offers a significant opportunity to travel the country
- Gain hands on experience in business administration, not-for-profit management, and student development
The Fraternity pays all premiums for medical and dental benefits, long and short-term disability, the maximum allowable travel per-diem allowance, and cell phone expenses. The position also offers generous vacation, sick, and comp-time schedule in addition to a competitive salary.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and three reference contacts to Michael Davis, Director of Undergraduate Services, at email@example.com.
For priority consideration, please submit by March 24, 2017.